
We may not be pastors but there's definitely purpose behind the R8 Blog aside from looking hip and cool. Not that I needed a blog to be hip and cool... maybe Wilson though. Anyway here are just a few ideas that came to mind when we decided to create an R8 blog.
So why blog? To...
1. Teach
And you thought sunday school was long. Believe it or not a lot of times whether after small group, worship, sunday school, or prayer meeting we wish we had said just one more thing to more clearly illustrate a point or had a few more minutes to cover just one more topic. Don't worry Dan--we have a blog for that now. Yeaaa boyeeeee! Now we can share those bits and pieces that we left out or that came to mind later.
This also includes insights or convictions from personal quiet times or something we learned from reading a good book or listening to a good sermon. Speaking of good books and sermons...
2. Recommend
No, not just what to order at Chipotle (the official restaurant of R8). I'm talking about books, sermons, music, food, conferences, maybe even *gasp* video games? Okay maybe not video games.
I really appreciated Wilson's entry about what he's reading in 2009. I remember back when I was in college (when you guys were still learning how to walk) I read very very little. And textbooks don't count. I wish someone had encouraged me to read good Christian books to help me grow. Reading is good for your soul.
Recommendations aren't just for books though... I hear Joe Ho knows where to find all the single ladies.
3. Build Community
Hebrews 10:24 tells us to "stir one up one another to love and good works"
I used to have this running joke that because I only got to see Wilson on weekends it was surprising to see or hear from him during the week. So I started calling him "Workweek Wilson." It's true though, the R8 leaders exist during the week! But... we don't get to interact with you guys at all Monday through Thurday. The R8 Blog can help us connect and can be a forum for some good discussion and fellowship. I encourage you guys to leave comments to ask questions or leave your own two cents about a particular blog entry.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 says to "encourage one another"
I'm encouraging you to read this blog :) It's also my hope that through the R8 Blog we can encourage you in your fight against sin and pursuit of satisfaction in Christ. God doesn't call us to live the Christian life on our own. He called us into community and a body of believers to help us in our sanctification.
2 comments:
5. Boredom
cause the R8 leaders need something to do while at work.
I'm going to blog about how little I do at work.
Also, I can recommend some video games, and Chipotle is overrated
Post a Comment