Snap Back to Reality
It isn't a secret that Motorola isn't doing well. We recently announced 4000 more layoffs during the first quarter, meaning that by June or so 4000 people will have lost their jobs. It isn't a secret around our office either, and the effects are easily seen in the empty cubes and labs that now line half of our building, or saying bye to more and more people that you used to work or play ball with every day. Needless to say, it seems my days are numbered at the company. I did come across a verse that is helping me cope though:"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." -Joseph, Genesis 50:20
Ok, so perhaps Motorola or the new CEO doesn't actually mean evil against me, but I still always have the official verse of R8:"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28
I can't even begin to describe how reassuring the promises of God are, especially in the midst of turmoil. They provide me with an anchor in the storm. They provide me with unprecedented joy that my coworkers can see. They provide me with excitement as I see how the plans of God will unfold.
No comments:
Post a Comment