Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reconnecting

I was recently "friended" on Facebook by a girl. Here is our emails:

Girl: Did you take Chinese at Rutgers your freshman year and were you a part of Chinese Christian Fellowship?"

Me: yes two both questions! :) were you in my class?

Girl: Yes, I don't know if you remember me? (Girl's maiden name)? You brought me to church.

Me: hahah yes! I remember you, how are you?

Girl: I am doing good. I am living in Las Vegas with my husband. We are both serving the Lord in our church.

(conversation continues to more details about serving...)


When I was a freshman I use to try and invite everyone to come check out my fellowship, CCF and my church at that time. Most people I invited came once or twice. Most people didn't think it was for them and never came back. Most times I was too discouraged to even ask again.

More importantly, I always thought that, that was it. The person did not want to know Christ, leave them alone. Time and time again, I am humbled by how God uses such a small seed to plant and grow a person. In my limited capacity, I had given up on this individual but God has his perfect plan and timing to awaken this individual. It is a constant reminder to myself that we should always be faithful to God and to be bold in our witness.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Was she an unbeliever when you brought her? That's awesome!