Q: What's your favorite CS Lewis book?
A: Mine is "A Grief Observed"
I read this during the summer after college. At the time I had finally graduated from the greatest university in the world (far better than this one or this one) and I had a consulting job lined up.
But in spite of these favorable circumstances and God's continued kindness throughout my years of college, I was staring into an unfamiliar darkness...sadness. It was a unique time when I found myself not craving deeper knowledge - I simply wanted to be understood.
Despite speaking with several friends I still felt companion-less. I was walking alone. And then CS Lewis came along, as it were. In reading "A Grief Observed" I felt like I was reading my own writing that I couldn't manage or bear to write myself.
There's much to appreciate about CS Lewis - his storytelling, his wit, his ability to transfer complex ideas into layman's terms, his scholarship, and on...
For me, I appreciated his companionship.
1 comment:
i remember that quote that's from there that's awesome!
and upenn's aiight. Rutgers is better than all y'all.
Post a Comment