Monday, September 28, 2009

Death is Not Dying

Hello everyone! I can not believe I am blogging. Jill and I were talking on the phone last night, she had a great idea... she said we should blog. Up to this point, I really had no desire or thought that I could really contribute anything substantial to the blog.

Recently, God has convicted me to reach out to the girls. Jill suggested we blog so we can girls can read what silliness we are up to. So... shout out to all the girls that read the R8 blog :)

Jill and I are part of Heart to Heart planning team. This past Saturday we had our kick-off meeting. I was moderating the discussion on disappointment. It was amazing how God united women from different stages of life, how God touched our hearts and it is absolutely monstrous how much women eat and talk!

Prior to half day conference I was preparing myself to moderate by listening to sermons. Jill sent me a link to Rachel Barkey's website. She has an amazing testimony, she was first diagnosed with breast cancer over 5 years ago, she recently passed away in July. I encourage you gals and guys to take a break sometime this week and watch or listen to to her testimony.

Her perspective on life and the love she had for God is so evident in how she lived her final days on earth.

www.deathisnotdying.com

2 comments:

Jill said...

yayyy! awesomee post anita! i concur!

Jen said...

ah so good.

dan cried.