Monday, June 8, 2009

Advance 09 Messages





Dan, Vince and I went to the Advance 09 Conference this past weekend. Great time of learning, reflection, conviction and fellowship.

All Advance 09 Messages here.

Re-listening to these in particular:

Preaching the Gospel to the De-Churched [Matt Chandler]

Ministry Idolatry [Mark Driscoll]


Thanks Beka for taking care of us while we were in Durham.

4 comments:

Steve said...

The Q Shack looks amazing.

I also love how you linked the messages from Advance using DesiringGod. I found that funny.

Eric said...

driscoll's message on ministry idolatry was very good. i lost my place while listening in the car and i skipped to the part where he yells "I HATE IDOLATRY!" scared me half to death haha

Wilson said...

Matt Chandler quotes Luther in his message. Here is the full quote from Luther:

Luther’s Sacristy Prayer
Lord God, You have appointed me as a pastor in Your Church, but you see how unsuited I am to
meet so great and difficult a task. If I had lacked Your help, I would have ruined everything long
ago. Therefore, I call upon You: I wish to devote my mouth and my heart to you; I shall teach the
people. I myself will learn and ponder diligently upon You Word. Use me as Your instrument -- but
do not forsake me, for if ever I should be on my own, I would easily wreck it all.


http://www.lca.org.au/resources/webmanager/prayersluther.pdf

Constance said...

Thanks for sharing this DesiringGod in your R8 site. I had listened to Piper years ago when I was in Singapore...I am really encouraged by knowing the fact that the brethren in RCCC also learning from such a good and Godly servant of GOD!