Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Link Parade

Satirical blog with a much needed dose of truth. Stop concealing your junk. Live the truth, share the truth, be the truth.

Reading through parts of the Old Testament can be heavy sledding—like Leviticus. There is more there than you think, and even the troubling parts are worth thinking about if you have a submissive attitude. But it’s still hard going. John Piper suggests we listen to the Bible. And wait... did he just say he uses a Mac??

"I went through a depression when I was first famous, because what was I famous for? I didn't do anything great. And I didn't discover anything wonderful." -Angelina Jolie

One of the more curious arguments in all of history was a debate between the disciples about which of them was the greatest. Upon overhearing their arrogant conversation, Jesus responded in a most unpredictable manner. Rather than simply rebuking them, Jesus actually told them how to become the greatest and achieve their objective.

1 comment:

unknownbreaker said...

let's remember piper is suggesting listening AND reading together. not listening without anymore reading. =P