Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hear Us From Heaven









If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

I introduced a new song on Friday called "Hear Us From Heaven" by
Jared Anderson--one of the worship pastors at New Life Church in Colorado Springs.  He was inspired to write the song after a walk around his neighborhood in Colorado.  Here's what he had to say:

"I was thinking 'God, you're doing so much at our church, but how are the people I'm walking by ever going to hear or experience you? God, reveal yourself to people who would never seek you.'"

And so he wrote the song.  Dang.  He makes it sound so easy.  When I sing this song I make it my earnest prayer for the unbelievers in my life who I want to see come to know Christ--that God would open their eyes and regenerate their hearts that they may accept Christ as their savior.  Hopefully you guys can do the same as we cry out to God together.

Lord, hear our cry              
Come heal our land              
Breath life into these dry and thirsty souls                  
Lord, hear our prayer              
Forgive our sin              
And as we call on Your name  
Would You make this a place  
For Your glory to dwell  

Open the blind eyes
Unlock the deaf ears
Come to Your people
As we draw near  
Hear us from heaven
Touch our generation
We are Your people
Crying out in desperation

Hear Us From Heaven,
Hear Us From Heaven,
Hear Us From Heaven

No comments: